Saturday, November 26, 2011

Traditions & Thanks


I finally had the opportunity to make a traditional South African (family) recipe this weekend. 
Melktert. First time making it, and it turned out to be a success. YAY!!

Speaking of traditions, the Hawaiians are experts in that department. We were invited by my new friend Hoku (picture below) to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. It was quite a feast, and we felt like part of the family. Imu- Hawaiian underground oven was used to cook and flavor the delicious turkey below. This was a good preview of what to expect at a Hawaiian lu'au. I can't wait to go to one, especially now!


There is so much I am thankful for... 
...getting to spend so much time with my hubby before the little Miss arrives...
...our baby girl...
...our home and this opportunity to live in Hawaii...
...not having morning sickness everyday...
...the people in my life...
...good food...
...missionaries...
...christmas and the birth of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment