Friday, January 27, 2012

Strength discovered


Sometimes I feel like we are cut off from the world. I miss my family and friends and get a little sad. It probably doesn't help that I am getting sick again and getting super uncomfortable. 

But, thanks to my husband I get snapped out of my depressing mood and back to reality. He is the kind of man I always wanted to marry, not knowing how much I would really need him in my life. A husband, a best friend, and a person that always looks for the best in everything. I can't imagine a better daddy for my baby girl.

("God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble..." - Psalm 46:1-4)

We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. And I often wonder if heaven looks like this. I'd be a happy girl. So, the choice I make today is not to let the last "10 weeks" of my pregnancy get me down, but instead enjoy this special time only I can have with my baby girl - before I have to share her with the rest of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like that too sometimes. I miss my family a lot and I miss my friends a lot and it can be so isolating the live that far! But we both have such good husbands and best friends to get us through!

    ReplyDelete