Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Feels like Home...

So many things reminded me of South Africa this weekend. We enjoyed dinner at 10 Degrees South which was incredible. It reminded me so much of SA. 


10 Degrees South is the only restaurant of it's kind in the USA,
specializing in South African cuisine. South African cuisine is a fusion of
French, Portuguese, Dutch, German & Malaysian cuisines with strong
Mediterranean influences.
lief vir my man

biltong - dried meat, similar to jerky

The only other place I can get authentic SA food is of course at my parents home. They still make the best food I have ever tasted! Luckily, fathers day was sunday so we got to eat traditional SA food twice in a row. We enjoyed spending the day with my dad and catching up with some family members on the phone. It's difficult to keep up if all the family on the other side of the world (so we take extra advantage on special occasions to catch up on everyone). I am very grateful to have a father that cares so much for his family. He's always understanding and supportive. Thank you for providing and working so hard for your family. I love you! I know that Clark will be a wonderful father just like you one day... 
 
pappa


1 comment:

  1. That food looks delcious. And I know how much you love jerky :) Happy Father's Day to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete