Thursday, December 15, 2011

Short, BUT Sweet...


This past weekend my sister came for a impromptu visit. It's as if christmas came early for me. 
My sisters are my best friends and I L O V E D spending this time with her. 

Valley of the Temple. (Kaneohe, HI)
Since it was a shot visit with not the best weather we didn't get to do much, but thats what I love about my big sis. It doesn't take much for us to have a good time. 

(Sad face) Lock the keys inside the trunk...

We have the winter season is Hawaii right now, which means a lot of rain. And the waves are either too big or to cold to go swimming. So, we took Marle' to a resort and enjoyed the hot tub. One of our favorite things to do over here. Makes me forget about real life and pretend like we are tourist for a day. The night only got better when we watched the sunset. An older gentleman gave us each a hibiscus flower and invited us to watch a traditional Polynesian fire dance performance by his sons. This is why I think hawaii is so amazing! 
The aloha spirit/kindness never ceases to amaze me. PLUS, they offer so much to do and see that is either free or very inexpensive.

The next day was a bit of a disaster. Nothing worked out as planed, and the weather had no intension of getting any better. The lesson I learned tho was that even when something goes wrong, there is always a  reason you had to go through it. I might not understand why things happen the way it does, but I know it can only get better, and makes me appreciate the good things that do happen. 

The list of things that started out BAD and ended up being something GOOD 
1 (-) Clark's job interview got cancelled (+) we get to spend more time with my sister.
2 (-) the rainy weather (+) beautiful rainbow.
3 (-) raining at the beach (+) run to shelter to get warm and ended up meeting a local that told us about a secret beach spot with sea turtles.
4 (-) lock our keys in the car (+) discover a new favorite place to eat.
5 (-) spending lots of $$ on a taxi [to go get our keys] (+) meeting new friends & job opportunity for Clark.
6 (-) no internet (+) free movie night with my sister and hubby in our cosy little home.


It was sad to see her go, but knowing that the next time I see her we will probably have our little girl makes me so excited. And I know it will go by real fast. I have learned so much from my big sister and have always looked up to her. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know, and I hope to teach my little girl the things she has inspired me to be. Marle' will be the best aunt this little girl could ever ask for bc she already is the best sister I could have asked for. Baie dankie my liewe sussie vir jou lekker keier!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude! Jerry and I play a game we call the "at least" game and it's got a similar premise - when something junk happens we have to come up with an "at least" for the situation. It reminds us to be grateful.

    And my sisters are my besties, too, so I totally can relate - we don't NEED to do anything in particular, we just enjoy each others' company! Hope I can meet her next time. :)

    ReplyDelete